As a Chattanooga Wedding Photographer, I have the option of having two wedding photographers at your wedding. The second photographer is called a second shooter. A second shooter is an additional photographer who is there to cover the wedding as well, working under my direction. I highly recommend having two wedding photographers for the following reasons:
- It is impossible to everywhere at one time. If you want photos of the bride and groom both getting ready, I can’t be in both locations at once. By having a second shooter, I can cover more events at one time. If you like candid shots, you absolutely want a second shooter. They will be able to get all of the little moments that are happening behind the scenes. If you only have one photographer and he or she is with the bride while the groom is getting ready, then you will have to have the groom mock up and fake these moments to look candid, while missing the real thing. You don’t want “forced candids.”
- During the wedding, the main photographer is so focused on getting all the traditional shots that sometimes we miss the candid moments going on during your ceremony. A second shooter is looking out for these moments. By having a second shooter, it ensures that you get more candid shots.
- You’ll also get more creative shots for the same reason. Second shooters aren’t worried about getting the traditional shots because that is what the main photographer is doing. This frees them to be able to be more creative. They can catch different angles and give you a fresh perspective.
- With a second shooter being there, I always have a backup on scene in the event the main photographer gets sick or injured, or needs to troubleshoot a camera issue. The second shooter will be able to take over for them without skipping a beat.
- It is also good to have two different cameras shooting the event. In case of emergency – for example, a camera is broken – you will still have photos and they won’t be lost or damaged, or events missed while the main photographer switches to the backup camera.
- If we are limited on time, having a second shooter will ensure we don’t miss anything. One of us can be shooting the reception details while the other is in cocktail hour getting all of those candid moments and details.
I hope this article exudes the importance of having two wedding photographers at your wedding. If you have any other questions, let me know!
Want more? Read this post on The Best Wedding Photographers in Chattanooga.